CHIME Announces Incoming Board Members and 2022/2023 Board Officers
ANN ARBOR, MI, Oct. 5, 2021 – The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) is delighted to announce the names of three new CIO members and one new Foundation member representative who will join the CHIME Board of Trustees in January 2022.
“CHIME’s members had the privilege of choosing from an outstanding slate of candidates this year,” said CHIME Board of Trustees Chair John Kravitz, CIO for Geisinger Health System. “Each of our new board members has a long and exemplary career as a leader in healthcare, a champion for CHIME, and a strong supporter of our members.”
“CHIME and our industry will benefit greatly from the experience, energy, and demonstrated commitment of these leaders,” said CHIME Foundation Board Chair Shafiq Rab, CDO & CIO, Wellforce Health System. “In addition to their distinguished professional careers, each of these new board members has previously served CHIME in areas including education and public policy advocacy. We welcome the perspective they bring to the board.”
Starting January 1, 2022, the new members of the CHIME Board of Trustees are:
- Stephanie Lahr, MD, CHCIO, CIO and CMIO at Monument Health
- Scott MacLean, CHCIO, FCHIME, SVP and CIO at MedStar Health
- Aaron Miri, CHCIO, FCHIME, SVP and CDIO at Baptist Health
- Carter Groome, CFCHE, President and CEO, First Health Advisory
In addition, CHIME is pleased to announce the 2022 and 2023 CHIME Board of Trustees Officers.
Starting January 1, 2022, the new CHIME Board of Trustees Officers are:
- Tanya Townsend (Chairperson), CHCIO, SVP and CIO, LCMC Health
- David Chou (Secretary), CHCIO, SVP and CIO, Harris Health System
- Rusty Yeager (Treasurer), CHCIO, LCHIME, SVP and CIO, Encompass Health
Starting January 1, 2023, the new CHIME Board of Trustees Officers will be:
- Daniel Nigrin, (Chairperson), MD, CHCIO, CIO, MaineHealth
- George (Buddy) Hickman (Secretary), LCHIME, FCHIME, CHCIO, CPHIMS, Interim CIO, San Ysidro Health
- Sarah Richardson (Treasurer), CHCIO, FCHIME, SVP and CIO, Tivity Health
The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) is an executive organization dedicated to serving chief information officers (CIOs), chief medical information officers (CMIOs), chief nursing information officers (CNIOs), chief innovation officers (CIOs), chief digital officers (CDOs) and other senior digital health leaders. CHIME includes more than 5,000 members in 56 countries and two U.S. territories and partners with over 160 healthcare IT businesses and professional services firms. CHIME and its three associations provide a highly interactive, trusted environment that enables senior industry leaders to collaborate, exchange best practices, address professional development needs and advocate for effective use of information management to improve health and care in their communities. For more information, please visit chimecentral.org.
Editor, Communications & Media Relations, CHIME